How to select Blinds in Melbourne?
There are various factors that influence your selection of Blinds in Melbourne. You have to account for how aptly the blinds will complement your home furnishings and how they’ll complement the construction materials utilised in your office, house, or other property.
Having a consistent design or style is important but there are some exceptions to this rule encompassing children’s bedrooms and play areas. But most importantly – style and design are very much down to the individual. You should take your time and choose Blinds in Melbourne that best suit your own tastes.
Like many other industries, this industry has some terminology that you might not immediately understand. When discussing window blinds, there are different types of window blinds but the most famous can be categorized under the following 3 different types:
• Venetian Blinds
• Roller Blinds
• Roman Blinds
These are available in 3 different materials –
• Aluminium (also called mini blinds),
• Ecowood (also called faux-wood, eco-wood or PVC blinds)
Aluminium Venetian Blinds in Melbourne are time and again used in kitchens and bathrooms and in offices. Almost always, Aluminium Venetian Blinds and sold with ‘25 mm’ slats. This is due to its flexible nature. Sometimes, Aluminium Venetian Blinds are also known as Mini Blinds. These are very inexpensive and although the common colors are white and silver, they can be found in a variety of colors to match the interior of your office or home.
Wooden Venetian Blinds in Melbourne are a very stylish. They are most commonly sold with ‘50 mm’ slats but are also available in ‘25 mm’ slats. Other slat size options are also available but are not commonly used. Most wooden blinds are made of basswood but they are also available in oriental hardwoods and bamboo. Basswood is the perfect material due to its robust nature – it warps less than other woods. Wooden Venetian Blinds are perfect for large windows and are apt for most windows. The only area to avoid is bathrooms. The most common wood type colors are lightwoods, for instance, cedar, mid colored woods such as cherry and darker woods such as mahogany. Wooden Venetian Blinds in Melbourne are also often sold in White.
Ecowood Venetian Blinds are becoming a very famous choice and are made from composite materials more often than not PVC or plastic but can encompass some wood. They are popular because they are durable and very easy to clean and they don’t warp or discolor over time like wood. Ecowood blinds are especially good for areas that might be exposed to moisture as these do not really warp easily. The most common color for Ecowood Venetian Blinds in Melbourne is white.
Roller Blinds are a window treatment that can be opened by rolling up the shades on a cylinder which runs above a window. Roller Blinds are made from 100 per cent polyester material. They typically come in 2 variants –
• Sunscreen blinds allow a certain amount of light to escape through the fabric into the room.
• Blockout blinds, as the name suggests, block out all sun and glare.
Roller Blinds in Melbourne are also very costly and therefore have been popular for many years now. A wide range of colors are available and the simple rolling mechanism means they can last for donkey’s years without showing any sign of degrading.
Roman Blinds are a window covering that is operated by rolling up sections of the blind into a stack. Roman Blinds offer a much softer feel to your home and are the kind of blind that can over and over again be well matched to other home furnishings. Various fabric types can be utilised in the manufacture of Roman Blinds in Melbourne but usually Polyester, Linen or Cotton fabrics are utilised. These also typically come in 2 variants –
• Sunscreen Blinds in Melbourne allow a definite degree of light to pass through the fabric into the room.
• Blockout blinds, as the name goes, block out all sun & glare.
Roman Blinds proffer an attractive alternative to conventional window blinds and are well suited for living environments. They can be easily removed from the headrail for cleaning purposes. Available in a wide range of stylish patterns and designs, these types of Blinds in Melbourne are difficult to refuse!
A question that troubles most of the consumers is – Which blind for which room?
It is also worth taking into consideration, a number of more practical factors when looking for blinds for different rooms. Some of these are listed below:
• Living Rooms / Living Areas – For rooms that allow a lot of natural light in, sunscreens roller blinds are a very good option. They allow you to maintain your privacy during the day while also adding a stylish contemporary look. Equally, Roman Blinds are also a good option.
• Blinds in Melbourne Kitchens – Windows by a sink should be very easy to clean and not suffer from water damage. It’s for this reason that Aluminium Venetian blinds & Ecowood Venetian Blinds are a better option as compared to Wooden Venetian Blinds. Sunscreen Roller Blinds & standard Roller Blind fabrics are also very easy to clean and are quite often used in the kitchen areas.
• Bedrooms – Roman Blinds and Blockout Roller Blinds in Melbourne are the most popular choices for bedrooms. They offer total privacy and block out all light.
• Bathrooms – Moisture in the air should not normally affect the quality of window Blinds in Melbourne, but prolonged moisture can begin to impact blinds after a certain period of time. If the blinds are likely to receive direct water pressure, Aluminium Venetian Blinds and Ecowood Venetian Blinds are the best options. Any polyester based Roller Blind fabric is not recommended and neither is Wooden Venetian blind as wood is likely to warp. Most wooden blinds are treated with a certain coating to resist water, but with time they break down when in continuous contact with moisture.
• Nursery / Play Rooms / Bedrooms of Children – Safety is the most significant factor here. Your Blinds in Melbourne should come with safety ‘Chain Guides’. It is very important these are used. It is imperative to also ensure that the Chain Guides are well out of the way of beds, cots, and other furniture. Maintaining the darkness in the room is often an objective for bedrooms of children as they need to have a sound sleep. Blockout Roller Blinds are best suited for this purpose.
If you have been searching for exclusive yet reasonable Blinds in Melbourne, make immediate contact with the Drowell Blinds! We have in store for you an exclusive range of modish blinds available in different motifs, hues, and textures that would suit any home and office decor. With a broad variety of materials available with us, you have the ultimate liberty to pick which design might work best in your home and office in terms of both price and style. Give us a tinkle right away and crack a smart and profitable deal !